There is more than half the population of the earth who enjoys meat in their regular meal and that is why there are so many varieties of the recipe all over the world. But a good non-vegetarian recipe lies on the quality of the meat and the also on the freshness of it. But as you know, we are so used to buy a packed product from the supermarket that it gets very hard to buy fresh meat. Only from a good butcher, you can get the fresh meat quality that you need.
But with proper tips, you can easily buy local meat from market…
• There are levels in all the packs that we buy and so meat also has levels in them which are enough to say about the quality of the meat. Read the levels carefully and you can get all the information you will need from it. Definitely look for the quality certification of the product so you can be sure that what you are buying is worth your every penny.
• If you are deciding to buy meat from local butcher shop then you will get t touch feel try the meat, so you are getting the advantage of knowing about the freshness of the meat. A fresh piece of meat will always have a bright hue. For example, when you are buying red meat you can easily identify the quality buy the bright red color of it. Do not buy a lump of meat that has the brownish hue they are not ideal to eat.
• The odor also says a lot about the quality. You will get a faint difference in the odor of the piece of meat once it loses it freshness.
• Meat tends to lose its firmness after some time of being cut and that is how you can identify the quality of it. A fresh piece of meat will bounce back if you pressed the flesh with your fingers but that will not be the case with a limp flesh. Make sure that the muscle fibers of the meat are tight and even if it is not that the meat is not fresh.
• If you are buying the beef from a farmer than the meat won’t be packed you will need to ask the farmer about the specification of the quality of the meat. Although there are a number of websites that sells grass-fed beef directly from the farmers, you will just need to search for that website and see their rankings and reviews on the site from their customers. You can also buy bulk boxes of meat to save money and store them if you have a deep fridge in your home.